| Email Us
Our Annual Shows
BANDING & OWNERSHIP
1. BREEDER YOUNG CLASS: Young birds must be bred by the exhibitor and
banded with a closed recognized/traceable Canadian current year band,
or a specialty band , registered with your local secretary.
Written proof from the club secretary is to be taken to the shows.
NonCanadian residents: Candian bands exempted. Same rules apply.
2. The exhibitor must own and possess the bird exhibited for not less
than 60 days prior to the show.
CAGING AND ENTERING
3. The entry fee: All cages will be $2.00 each.
4. Complete entry form in advance. All birds can be on one form.
5. Cage bottoms must have regular bird mixture.
6. ALL birds must be checked by a steward, when entering, leaving or
removal from show cage.
7. Show tags and drinkers on the left. (except specialty cages)
8. APPLICABLE SHOW CAGES WITH STANDARD COLOURS WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO
COMPETE, excluding large hookbills.
9. All birds must be in cages at all times. This also applies to pets.
10. NATIVE BIRDS to Canada or their crosses are prohibted by law, and
will not be accepted or allowed in the show hall.
11. Any sign of molt or sickness will lead to disqualification.
12. The show committee reserves the right to refuse any entry.
13. All birds on exhibit will be classed and judged.
14. All exhibits will be judged by the latest standards.
15. The show manager reserves the right to change any exhibit as he/she
sees fit, for the benefit of the exhibitor.
16. The Society is not held responsible for any loss or damage to any
exhibits. But every caution will be exercised in the care of the birds.
17. The show committee is permitted to change any entry incorrectly
classified (by dispute or otherwise) and to re-group any entry in any
class, where there are less than 3 entries.
18. During the judging, no traffic will be allowed through the areas or
aisles where there are competition birds. Areas will be set up for
19. Exhibitors are allowed during judging, BUT only in a specified
area. Any person talking or interfering with the judging will be asked
to leave. Any person disrupting or speaking out of turn with the judge
will be asked to leave or be removed from the premises and and his/her
known birds will be disqualified.
20. The judges decision will be final.
21. Anyone wishing to protest a judge's decision may do so, only after
a completion of judging and while the judge of that division is still
present that day.
22. When judging the second and third best of division or section, the
bird placing next to the winning bird in his class must be
brought forward to compete for any succeeding awards.
23. Exhibitors will be responsible for their birds at checkout time.
24. PREPARATION MAY BEGIN AT 3:30 SUNDAY.
25. Birds must be checked out by a steward.
1. Standards for Type Canaries:
-Yorkshire, Norwich and Lizard may be colourfed.
-All others are to be their natural colour. Any sign of colourfeeding
will lead to disqualification.
2. Colourbred canaries are judged 50% conformation/50% colour.
3. Anyone residing in the home of a Champion breeders MUST show as a
Champion as well. All must show in the same category.
Members and Exhibitors selling non-exhibited birds will be charged
$1.00 PER BIRD fee on arrival, before entering the hall, to a maximum
cost of $50.00. NO EXCEPTIONS.
If you are NOT a member or an exhibitor you will NOT be able to sell
ANY of the above showing signs of sickness will be asked to leave the
showroom. Dirty or unkempt cages will be removed.
No over-crowding will be allowed.
HEALTHY BIRDS in CLEAN CAGES for exhibit or SALES.
Back to main page